Busy moms everywhere would love to plan, prep, and dish up more fancy feasts for the family. But with today’s hustle-and bustle reality that’s typically just not in the cards most nights.
Enter… the magical slow cooker crock pot. The most amazing tool to bless the kitchen of busy moms since the toaster. With the press of a button you’re now a masterful meat chef serving up tender, mouthwatering ribs and roasts.
Follow this simple Slow Cooker Beef Ribs with Brown Sugar Rub Recipe and you’ll have fall-off-the-bone grass fed beef ribs without hardly lifting a finger.
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs with Brown Sugar Rub
Serving Size: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 8 hrs.
- 3-4 lbs. Farmer Girl Grass Fed Beef Ribs, thawed.
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 tsp. crack black pepper
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 tbsn. dry rub seasoning of your choice (I used Blues Hog Dry Rub Seasoning)
- 3/4 cup water
Step 1: Brown Sugar Rub Seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl combine sea salt, garlic, black pepper, brown sugar, and dry rub seasoning.
- Mix together and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare
- Remove thawed Beef Ribs from package and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place ribs on a plate or cutting board and apply Brown Sugar Rub Seasoning. Sprinkle seasoning on ribs and rub with hands until each rib is generously coated. If you have some seasoning left over that’s ok.
- Place ribs in bottom of slow cooker. Lay ribs on top of each other if they don’t all fit flat on the bottom of your slow cooker. For smaller, upright slow cookers you may have to cut beef ribs in half.
- Gently pour water around ribs. Try not to pour directly onto ribs so you don’t wash off a lot of the seasoning.
- Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar rub seasoning on top of ribs.
- Close slow cooker lid.
Step 3: Cook
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Every hour or so check on ribs and rotate top ribs with bottom ones so they cook evenly in water & juices.
- Use a basting brush or syringe to baste the top of the ribs so they don’t dry out.
Step 4: Let Rest & Serve
- Use tongs to remove ribs from slow cooker. Be careful, meat will fall off the bone easily.
- Place on plate, gently cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate with sides, and enjoy tender, melt in your mouth Grass Fed Beef Ribs.
There you have it! Enjoy this easy, practically hands free, fall-off-the-bone Slow Cooker Beef Ribs with Brown Sugar Rub Recipe!