Want a flavorful soup recipe that’s healthy and not chicken noodle? You will love this Taco Soup with Grass Fed Beef recipe! To make it we’ll mix our own homemade taco seasoning, pile on the veggies and use farm-fresh 100% grass fed beef to add a deep flavor and health benefits not found in soups made with conventional grain-fed beef.
Want to make this recipe at home with the same high quality farm-to-table grass fed beef featured in the recipe? Get the Farmer Girl Meats recipe kit delivered right to you – Learn More Here.
Taco Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 tsp. cumin
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tsp. sea salt
- 6 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 15-20 grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups organic beef broth/stock
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
Step 1: Get Everything Ready
- Thaw Farmer Girl Grass Fed Ground Beef.
- Mix 5 tsp. cumin, 4 tsp. chili powder, 4 tsp. black pepper, and 3 tsp. sea salt together in a small bowl.
- Prep veggies – dice tomatoes and whole onion, chop cilantro, and mince 2 cloves garlic.
Step 2: Brown Grass Fed Beef with Onion and Seasoning
- Heat olive oil in pan on med-low heat.
- Add ground beef, diced onion, 2.5 tbsp. taco seasoning mix, and 1 minced clove garlic to oil.
- As it cooks, chop up the ground beef thoroughly and mix ingredients. Cook on med-low heat until beef is browned and onions are translucent. Be careful not to overcook, as the beef will finish cooking in the soup.
- When there’s no pink left, turn off heat and set pan aside.
Step 3: Add Veggies, Flavor, Beef and Simmer
- Add black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, corn kernels, 4 cups water, 2 cups beef broth, and the remaining taco seasoning and minced garlic to a large stockpot.
- Turn heat to med-high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low heat and add seasoned ground beef & onion to stockpot. Simmer for 1 hour with lid on, tilted, stirring occasionally.
- After one hour turn off heat & season to taste. Take lid off and let set for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Mmmmmmm.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, tortilla strips, shredded cheese & sour cream.