Looking for a grass fed steak recipe to really wow your grill guests with?
This is one that will certainly stimulate the taste buds! Grass Fed Ribeye Steak is the perfect craft cut for this unique grilling recipe, and the simple blend of coffee and sea salt seasoning adds just the right balance of warm, earthy crunch to take it to the next level.
Grass Fed Ribeye Steak Recipe with Sea Salt & Coffee
Serving Size: 2 (makes 1 Grass Fed Ribeye Steak)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 Grass Fed Ribeye Steak, thawed.
- 1/4 cup freshly ground coffee beans, preferably a dark roast
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt, or pink himalayan salt
Step 1: Thaw & Prepare
- Thaw steak – plan on 1 day or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bring steak to room temperature. Remove from package and completely dry with paper towels.
Step 2: Prepare Grill
- Heat grill, with one side of direct heat (high heat) and one side of indirect heat (low heat).
- Oil grill grate to prevent sticking.
Step 3: Season
- In a small mixing bowl combine a heap of coarse sea salt with a heap of freshly ground coffee beans.
- Very generously apply the coffee & sea salt rub to each side of the Ribeye, making sure it’s thoroughly coated with seasoning.
Step 4: Grill
Remember – After removed from heat, carryover cooking will raise steak temperature for five to ten minutes to achieve a rare finish of 125F or medium rare finish of 135F.
- Sear steak over direct (high) heat. A thick crust should form. Flip steak when crust has formed and steak easily releases from grill grates. Sear other side in the same manner. Sear time for each will depend upon heat intensity of the particular grill.
- Once seared, move steak to indirect heat side of the grill (low heat). Let cook until internal temperature reaches 120F (for rare) or 128F (for medium rare). Grill time will depend upon the heat intensity of the particular grill.
- Remove steak from grill.
Step 5: Let Rest
- Plate steak and loosely tent with foil. Rest for 10 minutes to redistribute juices and complete cooking process.
Step 6: Slice Against the Grain & Serve
- Slice Ribeye against the grain (perpendicular) to increase tenderness.
- Plate Ribeye slices. Sprinkle steak with coffee and sea salt seasoning.