Here’s a rich burger recipe the whole family will love. The plum compote makes a nice sweet sauce that compliments the robust flavor of our pesto burgers.
Being 100 percent grass fed, our ground beef is flavorful, light, and full of Omega-3s. That means this burger is good for your body and brain.
Burger with Pesto Infusion and Plum Compote Recipe
Serving Size: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef (thawed and at room temperature)
Plum Compote Prep
- 4 ripe plums, chopped
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons clover honey
- Wheat buns or rolls, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 Tablespoons fresh pesto
- Grapeseed oil
Step 1: Bring ground beef to room temperature while preparing compote
Step 2: Make Plum Compote
- Roughly chop plums.
- Place in saucepan.
- Juice one lemon into saucepan. Add water and honey.
- Let compote sit for 20 minutes at room temperature to macerate.
- Gently boil the mixture for approximately 30 minutes. Stir often to prevent sticking. Look for the fruit to get soft and caramelize.
- Look for the fruit to get soft and mushy, it will also start to caramelize and brown (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Step 3: Cook Sliders
- Remove ground beef from package.
- Blot the surface of the meat dry with a paper towel.
- Add pesto to ground beef and mix; Don’t overwork the meat.
- Form 8 slider patties.
- To cook, follow steps 2 through 5 in our “Farmer Girl Grass Fed Beef Sear.”
Step 4: Toast Buns
Step 5: Assemble
- Pour plumb compote mixture into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place slider on toasted bun. Top with plum compote. Spread fresh pesto on remaining bun.
- Serve. We recommend pairing with Carlisle the Derivative (Sonoma County).
There you have it! I hope you enjoy this Burger with Pesto Infusion and Plum Compote Recipe!