This recipe is light and bright, a perfect to compliment those chilly early-spring days that keep teasing us with good weather. It’s also great for the kids, letting them build-your-own-taco with clean, healthy ingredients.
Chipotle Lime Braised Beef Roast Tacos
Serving Size: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 4 to 8 hrs
- 5 pounds Grass Fed Chuck or Arm Roast, fully-cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Lime Seasoning
- Corn tortillas, lightly toasted
- Queso Fresco, shredded
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup plain, full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 grip of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle lime seasoning
Step 1: Prepare slaw
- Slice and chop slaw vegetables, place in bowl.
- Mix wet slaw ingredients together to create a dressing.
- Pour Dressing over vegetables, mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature.
Step 2: Prepare Grass Fed Beef
- This recipe uses left-over beef roast that’s been braised in the oven or slow cooker.
- Gently reheat Farmer Girl Meats braised beef shoulder roast in microwave or in 325-degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Shred beef.
- Add Farmer Girl Meats Chipotle Lime Seasoning over shredded beef to taste.
Step 3: Prepare avocado lime sauce
- Combine avocado lime sauce ingredients in blender. Blend until creamy.
Step 4: Assemble
- Lightly toast corn tortillas.
- Generously spread avocado lime sauce on corn tortilla.
- Add beef.
- Top with slaw and shredded Queso Fresco.
For a keto or paleo version of this recipe, serve without tortillas in a bowl over a bed of fresh greens.
And that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoy this Chipotle Lime Braised Beef Tacos Recipe!